What is a "standard/b-grade/seconds" pin?
The best of the best. Free of major imperfections, but may have one or two of the following imperfections:
- Small marks or scratches on the metal or enamel
- Small pin pricks, swirling, or bubbles in enamel
- Imperfections on the back or side of pin
- Low fills in small areas of enamel
- Slightly misaligned screen-printing (on screen-printed pins)
- Anything else that can be seen when brought close to the face or under direct light.
SECONDS PINSSeconds pins have one or multiple defects listed below:
- Noticeable staining or scuffs on the metal or enamel surface
- Oxidization (rusting) on the metal
- Scratches that go across the metal and/or enamel
- Low fills in larger or visually important areas
- Slightly or fully missing enamel in some spots
- Slightly loose posts
It's very rare that we get a "perfect" pin, so please understand that if/when you receive a standard grade pin with one to a few minor flaw(s).